Thursday, October 18, 2007

Epicurious: Inside the CIA

I'm killing two birds with one stone - I'm cleaning out my iTunes library (running out of disk space) and I am also mentally preparing for culinary school (hoooray!). Right now - I'm taking a break on my Friday afternoon to watch the Epicurious: Inside the CIA video podcasts (Friday and Saturday is the weekend in Bangladesh - I'm also catching up on work today...since I've been working for the last 5 hours, I'm giving myself a mental break).

hehe - my intention is to blog about my own experiences in culinary school on this blog. When I'm home in the states, I'm sure that I'll be able to upload videos and more pictures because the bandwidth should be better. (droool...fast internet connectivity!!)

4 comments:

tw said...

Mental note - I need to make sure that I continue to cook for friends and family as I go through culinary school. It's a little daunting sometimes because people expect you to be able to cook really well (because you're in culinary school) and so there is an element of stage fright. I'm hoping that if I continue to cook that I'll remember that I also know how to cook (albeit unschooled or home cooking) outside of culinary school.

I've got to remember what I know so far from my own personal experiences and supplement it with what I am learning in culinary school rather than going brain dead and not be able to cook something because I haven't been taught...or because I don't have the proper equipment. =) (I know because I sort of freaked out like that the last time I was in the San Francisco Culinary Academy!)

tw said...

OMG - I completely forgot one more thing! I'm probably going to be the oldest person in class since I'll be taking the full time day program at the culinary school.

Well - at least I'll stay young and hip and hopefully learn to get along better with my youngest brother! =)

Mrs. Smong said...

"I think I'll be the oldest person in class" ... yeah you probably will be but it gets easier when all of the "cool" kids make nice-nice with you because they know that you pay attention to the lectures and take good notes. Can't wait to taste test your yummy foods.

tw said...

*sniff* Whaddya mean?!! I AM a COOL KID - everyone is going to want to hang out with me regardless of the quality of my notes!!

hehehe...=P