Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Happy New Year!!



Happy New Year Everyone!!  I can't believe it's already 2-0-1-3!!

Are you like me and have made the goal of eating more healthy this year?  Trust me this is one of the top 11 new year's resolutions according to the US government.  I think that the recommended way to make goals that you are more successful in achieving is to make them SMART goals.  (Specific. Measurable. Attainable. Relevant. and Timebound.)

Therefore - my main goal for 2013 is to INCORPORATE MORE VEGETABLES INTO MY MEALS.
Applying the SMART methodology to that: I will incorporate 3 different vegetables into 2 of my daily meals for every day of the week by mid March.

I'm inspired by a recent meal that I had at Bar Masa in the Aria Hotel at Las Vegas...most of the plate is vegetables prepared in different, yet simple methods:
- watercress and chikuwa (japanese fish cake) in a wasabi aioli dressing
- tender blanched asparagus in miso dressing with sesame garnish
- dashi stewed squash
- roasted shishito peppers


I'm going to try to incorporate similarly simple veggie recipes into 2 of my daily meals...let's see how well I do!  Wish me luck!

No comments: