Tuesday, May 27, 2008

only 4 1/2 weeks left!!

It seems like I just started culinary school yesterday...but I've only got about 4 weeks left before my exit final. YIKES!! I had these grand dreams of posting my journey through school...but those were smashed early on. Not only did it take me a couple of months to figure out a note taking methodology and a study schedule...but I quickly found that I had little time to do anything other than studying or going in to school to get more kitchen time. ARGH!!

It's been one heck of an amazing ride and I'm still loving (most) every minute of it. =) Pictures to post soon...I promise! And if school wasn't enough...I decided that I was a little bored and didn't need Friday nights and Saturdays as free time any more. I started my externship (240 hrs required for graduation from culinary) at Chez TJ in Mountain View in April.

Needless to say - free time is a precious commodity at this point...but it will be over all too soon! I've decided that I'm enjoying the time in the kitchen so much that I'm going to give it a go as a full time job. (I may need to supplement with some high tech gigs here and there...but as full time as I can.) I'd like to stay in fine dining and French cuisine, but we'll see where it all takes me. I plan on staying in the Bay Area for the next six months to a year because I haven't seen most of my friends since I've returned at the end of December.

I miss you all!! Hope you're all still talking to me...I hope to see everyone soon when I finish school in the beginning of July!! =)

1 comment:

Mrs. Smong said...

So are you taking order for home cooked meals? Mine would be for Cocq au vin or homemade croissants. Mmmm mmmm good : )