Thursday, November 29, 2012

Light Rail Love

 I'm loving my new commute. I just started taking the light rail to/from work. The goal is to take public transportation several times a week to reduce the cost of commuting. Ideally, I would only have to fill the tank once every other week as opposed to every 5 days.

A co-worker gave me an INGENIUS tip - leaving my car at work parked at the building nearest the light rail station.  This way, I could take whichever light rail suited my schedule for the day without having to coordinate with the less convenient (albeit free) work provided shuttle.

It's AMAZING what a difference this makes to your day - I can watch television and movies on my smartphone using netflix or hulu.  I can listen to a podcast and catch up on technology or cooking news.  (My favorite is cookingissues in the morning since it is pretty technical and helps my brain to wake up in the morning.  I found that if I look at my phone screen - checking emails, etc - in the mornings for too long, it gives me a headache that lingers throughout the day.  So I give my eyes a rest and put my ears to work on my ride into the office.  After work - I enjoy zoning out with a tv show or movie since my eyes won't be needed to focus on a computer monitor at home.)

How is this related to food?  It's not really...only in that it allows me to listen to cooking issues, which then inspires me to cook all sorts of interesting foods.

No comments: